Welcome to the first annual Eclipse Design Awards. Another contest? Well, yes. This one's a chance for you to show off your web design skills. Designing and maintaining a website is a lot of work, and there's more to it than just slapping together some HTML. It's time that hard work is recognized.
Check out the results!. You may also still review the entries. Congratulations to all contestants for all of their outstanding work.
- Entries: November 1, 2003 thru January 15, 2004
- Voting: January 19, 2004 thru January 30, 2004
- Results: February 2, 2004
- Web Design - Fanfic Site
- Web Design - Contest Site
- Web Design - Other
- Splash Page
- Title Graphics
- Fanfic Illustration
- Fanfic Presentation
- Clever Coding
- Filling the Void Illustration
- When the site owner and the site designer are distinct individuals, both must agree to the entry
- No x-rated graphics -your right to have them does not extend to this site and I'm not getting kicked off prohosting over them
- Web Design: Includes the entire site, so fix those broken links
- Splash Page: That's the pretty page with no content
- Banners: The banner you made for your own site or someone else's, but please discuss the entry with any other individuals involved prior to entering.
- Buttons: Small graphics used as links within a site.
- Backgrounds: Any image or texture used as background except for border backgrounds.
- Borders: Those backgrounds with a design down the side.
- Smileys: Those clever little characters used on bulletin boards, etc.
- Puzzles: Image must be related to Star Trek Voyager.
- Title Graphics: The graphics used at the top of a page; generally bigger than a banner.
- Fanfic Illustration: Must pertain to a specific fic, since general fiddled pics can be entered at Koffee Klub's Awesome Artist Awards. If entries allow, will be divided into two categories, one for hand drawn art and one for manipulated pictures. Artists may illustrate their own fic or someone else's, as long as the author gives permission.
- Fanfic Presentation: The complete layout and presentation of a single story.
- Awards: Put the entry graphic and awards on a single page for voter convenience.
- HTML - best use of a single clever bit of html or css
- JAVA - best use of a java applet
- Filling the Void illustrations: I'm using the category selfishly to obtain illustrations for my novel length fic, Filling the Void. I lost some illustrations a while back and need them replaced. By entering this category you agree to let me, Spiletta42, use your entry on my site. Sample illustrations here. If there are enough entries I'll divide into hand drawn and fiddled pics categories. Missing pictures include:
- A J/C kiss (if I get multiple entries this will become a special category)
- J/C at the movies (without silly glasses!)
- P/T flirting
- An EMH/7 kiss
- Tuvok reading poetry
- Janeway in a blue dress
- J/C dancing
- Chakotay shirtless
- hand clasp (like New Earth, but in the Jefferies tube)
- any other illustration that fits an incident within the fic Filling the Void
- This is a Star Trek Voyager contest, so web design entries must be primarily Star Trek Voyager sites, although additional Star Trek material is fine. A few additional fics from another fandom will not disqualify a site, but the judged portion of the site must be at least 50% Star Trek. Examples: Anne's Rose Garden contains sufficient Star Trek content despite the Buffy pollution. (FYI: I love Buffy.)
- No bloody cheating. I don't know how you'd cheat in this contest, but if you think of a way, don't do it!